Saturday 17 September 2022

Calisthenics: A First-Rate Alternative to Lifting Weights

man doing pull-upsMost guys who want to get fit today head to the gym. But what if you didn’t need the gym for it? What if you could get stronger, in a more balanced way, from anywhere? That’s calisthenics.

Do you use bodyweight exercises as a part of your exercise regimen?

You really should. They offer some wonderful benefits, such as:

  • Exercising the WHOLE body. Not just isolated muscles

  • Developing total body strength, rather than strong muscles and weak muscles

  • Allowing you to exercise from ANYWHERE, including hotel rooms & girls’ places

  • The ability to recover from joint and muscle injuries (such as those from lifting weights)

It took me years to come around to calisthenics. For the longest time I confused “cardio” with “calisthenics.” Even when I understood what calisthenics were I found them dull, slow, and underpowered.

Yet today I have a very different view on this type of exercise.

And because a fit body is an attractive fundamentals, and because a man needs the health and fitness to do what he wants to do in life (including approach girls), I figured I’d write an introduction to calisthenics here – for those readers who, like me, perhaps never really considered them as an alternative, as well as for those readers who’d like to exercise more but have a hard time getting to the gym.

First, because I think a lot of guys are probably in the place I was, where lifting weights seems a lot better than using bodyweight exercises, let me tell you the story of how I got into them.

Then we’ll talk a little bit more about how to do them.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
How To Propose Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template